20 October 2009

Blog: thick, sticky syrup of potent flavor

I have one. A blog. Did you know? You knew and I knew. Believe it or not, I didn't forget about this blog. It's just that I forgot how to write for it.

Here's the deal. Life happens and gives so much material for writing. I have so much I want to say. So much I could say. I want to tell you about this one plane flight that I took. In fact, I have a drafted post about it that I never posted. A post I'll probably never post, because I know you won't want to read it. I take that back. I don't know how to write the post in a way that makes you want to read it.

Blogs are overwhelming me right now. I read so many blogs. So many, many blogs. Too many blogs. Because I love them; I really do love blogs and blogging. And get this, I now have Google Reader on my phone. Bad news folks, because now, I read blogs all the time. Everyone's blogs. Everyone's lives. Everyone is living and writing and reading and living and writing and reading.

A favorite recipe of mine requires making a balsamic reduction. To make balsamic reduction, balsamic vinegar must be simmered for hours until all the non-essentials evaporate and leave a thick, sticky syrup of potent flavor.

Blogs are life reduced. And sometimes I get sick of reading that. Sometimes vinegar is better left as vinegar. Stop the reduction. Admit it, you get sick of reading it too. In fact, I can almost guarantee that nearly all of the readers of this blog have already stopped reading, I mean skimming, because they are also sick of blogs and blog writing and blog posts about blogs and blogging.

There are so many ways to drown out the point in words. Or in this case, drown a lack-of-point in words. I have no point for you tonight, just sticky syrup.

No comments: