16 July 2008

The Early Bird Gets the Unidentified Worm

Tomorrow morning is going to be the earliest morning of the summer. Maybe. As I write this, I'm remembering that the mid-August meteor shower is remarkable and I may wake up really early to see that. Or maybe I'll just stay up super late. Either way, get excited for meteors in August.

Anyway, tomorrow morning I have a meeting in Salt Lake City about the digital television transition. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should call me at work for more information. One of the things I am getting paid to do is advertise this revolution of sorts, so I could get paid to talk to you about analog signals and digital signals and about how you in fact do not have to buy a new television even though the salesmen at Best Buy are trying to convince you to and about how the government will give you coupons to buy digital converter boxes and... well... I think you get the idea.

And it's going to be an early morning meeting. I get to wake up at 5:30 am, which means I get to wake up before the newspaper is delivered and before the sun is up and before some people even go to bed. I emphasize the fact that I get to wake up early, because there is a perk to waking up at such a crazy hour.

But the truth is, I haven't quite discovered that perk yet.

No comments: