04 April 2009

Happy Today


I'm a clogged drain in pajama pants and a sweatshirt with a blanket wrapped around my legs. My lungs are full of mucus, as are my nostrils and the spaces below my eyes that the doctors call sinuses.

And somehow, I'm happy today.

I think it is because as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the two weekends of the church's conference are quite possibly my favorite weekends of the year. And this weekend is the 179th conference of the church.

The leaders speak to us and it is always full of inspired teachings. Watching conference is rejuvenating and hopeful. This weekend, I won't miss a session of the conference. I can't afford to. I need the uplift as much as anyone.

You're invited to enjoy it with me.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh Laura, I agree with you. I love Conference weekend. Feel better!