28 May 2009

Black Bottom Cupcakes

For Anna. And for anyone else who wants to live a happy life--

These are the cupcakes that I made for the dinner party the other night. And my sister just made them yesterday for a party in Arizona. As you know, cupcakes are all the rage these days. The cupcakes were made famous by my lovely Aunt Linda-- the expert in all things delicious.

Black Bottom Cupcakes

Beat together:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
dash of salt

Stir in:
6 oz. chocolate chips

Set cream cheese mixture aside. (My aunt says she often uses fewer chocolate chips. This recipe has a lot of chocolate, even for choco-fanatics.)

Mix the following until well blended:
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 c. water
1 T. vinegar
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg

Fill 24 (I don't get that many) cupcake liners about 1/2 full. Top with heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Frosting (which I consider optional):

1/4 c. melted margarine
1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
enough milk to make spreadable

Cupcakes should cool completely before they are frosted.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've been a cooking machine these past couple of days. This is most appreciated.