12 August 2009

Favorites

On last week's Wednesday, I was sitting in a restaurant in Trinidad eating roti. I was loving the curry flavors on my tongue and I declared that it-- the roti and the Caribbean-- was my favorite.

Today, on this week's Wednesday, I'm sitting on a bed in a beach house overlooking the Oregon coast. I can hear the waves and the pelicans. I just ate some blackberries that we picked yesterday. They're my favorite. And the fresh blueberries are my favorite too. Flying kites on the blustery beach this morning was my favorite thing we've done today. Now, I'm listening to this song by Ingrid Michaelson; it's my new favorite song.

Being with family is my favorite. And that's the agenda for this week. Be with family. The charming Oregon coast with my most favorite breakfast cafe is just an added bonus.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

I'm so glad that you like Ingrid Michaelson too. I have a fetish for "you and I."

Becky Hayes. said...

i love the oregon coast. with all my heart.

katie said...

I would devote maybe 1/16th of my heart to the OR coast. And I adore Oregon blueberries. Have a delightful time.

Mel said...

Yeah you're home (kinda)!! I can't wait to see you and hear all your stories. I have some new places we need to eat at when you get back:)